Many months ago, I wrote a little GnuPG-verified dice CGI page for myself and my gaming group to use when resolving gaming situations over email. (Feel free to use it yourself, you can check it out here.) It’s inspired by other verified dice web applications out there. But while other scripts require you check a roll on the site itself, either by cut and pasting into a form, or by finding the roll in a list, I wanted something I could verify easily by looking at the message in my mail reader.
Googling around, I found a lot of people had the same problem with Git on Windows that I did: large files (where “large” means above 350MB or so) cause “out of memory” errors. A quick look into the file causing the error, Git.pm (ugh, perl), shows the reason right away: they’re doing nice, small 1KB reads of the file blob in a loop… but collecting the whole thing in memory before writing it all out.